Salt & Vinegar Oven Fries:
2 large russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
1/2 cup good quality olive oil, separated
1 teaspoon fleur de sel or sea-salt of your choice
1 Tablespoon vinegar powder (can be purchased online or in specialty stores)
1. Start by prepping your trays with a generous drizzle of the olive oil. Sprinkle trays with a little of the salt to keep the potatoes from sticking. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl, combine remaining salt and vinegar
3. In a large bowl, toss potato matchsticks with remaining olive oil. Spread out on trays, careful to keep each slice well apart from the others. If they cook to close-together, they will steam instead of crisp and come out floppy and pale.
4. Dust potatoes generously with 2/3 of the salt and vinegar powder mixture and place trays in oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip with the grain and bake another ten minutes, until a dark, golden-brown. I like my fries darker than lighter, but if you have a preference for lighter fries, take them out a few minutes early.
5. Shake remaining salt and vinegar mixture over cooked fries and serve hot with malt vinegar.